Thursday, April 12, 2012

Less than a week in India. Eek.

I'm not even going to talk about next Tuesday's goodbyes that I'm absolutely dreading.  So for now I'll stick with a random little update on the latest at Rising Star Outreach.

Star store parties.  The kids are rewarded for good citizenship with "stars" and can purchase anything from toys to candy to party nights as a reward. Kelli and I have loooved having them over at our little green house for treats and movie nights. Here's a photo from our latest star store shin dig last weekend.

They are C-R-A-Z-Y for peanut butter. Each of them helped themselves to at least 1/2 of a cup (or more) to spread on the french toast we made for them. This is Shalini- wide eyed as ever while taking her stroll down Peanut Butter Lane. 

 Lice checks. It's a common favor we treat each other to on a weekly (ish) basis.  The kids at the school are literally infested and with so many of them the problem never really goes away.  I've become accustomed to the occasional sleepless night where my reoccurring lice nightmare doesn't let me be!
In good news though, the three of us gals in the green house are all currently bug free! 
Raise! The! Roof! Knock. On. Wood.

Skype. What a clever little idea Skype was. Isn't my 15 year old brother a hottie? I love it when Mother takes me on car rides with her and Jake to school in the morning.

Nithya, getting jazzed for lunch.  Love her.

And Sharmila, who willingly demonstrated the Indian ways of drinking for my memorabilia purposes. 

Revathi, Angel, and Pavithra. I adore these beautiful girls and have learned so much from them. 

So I like the food here. I do.  It's nothing off-the-wall-amazing but it's good.  On the other hand, the menu is the exact. same. every. week. Remember that saying, "Variety is the spice of life"?  I guess what I'm getting at is that I could easily go for some A Bountiful Kitchen right about now.
My taste buds are officially on strike. 

Reshma, one of our youngest little sweethearts here.  I had the absolute privilege of holding her in my arms the other night as she fell asleep.  Gives me a better insight on some of my baby hungry galpals back home.

And speaking of babies . . . 



Congratulations (!!!) to Corriney and Neil on their first mini Stokoe!
Aunt Brookie could not be more thrilled.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brookles,
The children as well as the adults are absolutely beautiful!
Moth

Cherise L. C. said...

I'm guessing you're back home by now. Hope this doesn't mean you stop blogging! Life is interesting everywhere. :)

Followers