Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Forty Five

Some recent highlights from the West Yellowstone life:

  • Visit from mother and grandmother. So relaxing- time in the park and time to catch up.
  • Visit from father and first time fly-fishing. Fabulous and unforgettable.
  • A day off to visit Salt Lake.
  • Birthday celebration for myself and Jake Simmonds. [Cake. Friends. Spakings. Party.]
  • Three incredibly thoughtful birthday packages from people I love and miss.
  • A new/local blog to read from: mantanamountainmen.blogspot.com.
  • One or two days that exceeded 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • White Water Rafting with the Wild West Pizza crew. (On a slight tangent, I'll have to mention how much I love EVERYONE that works here. The busser boy, the cooks, the bartenders, the owners. All so wonderful and great friends to me and Melissa. We're already sad to leave).
  • Snow. Yes, it still snows occasionally up here.
  • A new purchase from the North Face. Should I be saving? Yes. Do I also allow rewards after 80 hour weeks? Most certainly.
  • New Jack Johnson and Norah Jones albums. Both good with a couple of tracks that I've set to repeat.
  • Waitressing nightmares. Everystinkingnight. Maybe I'll expand on this one day.
  • Tips. Tips. Tips.
  • The stars. They are beautiful and overwhelming.
  • A night off to sit and watch The Blind Side. What a great story and film.


Marmot.



Bubble.



Look carefully.



More.



"Home, home on the range."



Bear sighting- often times the ultimate Yellowstone goal.



Henry's Fork fly fishing.



Happy Birthday.
Everyone can also notice my favorite part of this picture:
Rachel.



Woot. Woot.



Loved this one. You can clearly see why.



Drew, aka mr.imcamerashy



I have nothing to say about this.



The women of our apartment.



Me and Co-Worker Tracy's pup. Precious.

3 comments:

Laur said...

MAS FOTOS POR FAVOR. Really though, the photos were great. Keep them coming, I love Rachel Kim too, glad you guys are having so much fun. I won't lie, I'm a little jealous.

natalie said...

love your updates brooke! one day we need, i repeat NEED to skype. k?

keep enjoying it up there. next adventure for you. spain!

Melissa Anne said...

what a great post. your pictures are glorious. love yellowstone. love your blog. love you.

Followers